An amazing programmable module
for inventing and prototyping
smart objects …and much more !
C software package provided for ease of use
FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER
Now available to everyone !
LimiFrog is for…
Entrepreneurs and Labs
Convincing and easily implemented proofs of concept, without heavy investments — for Internet of Things, wearables and more
Smooth introduction to 32-bit microcontroller programming. Enablement of multiple attractive projects with a single platform.
Versatile, compact, powerful and energy efficient. Opens up a new field of original projects.
Hardware: Fully-featured and Powerful
- OLED screen, full-color 160×128 pixels
- Dimensions: 36x31mm of which, active zone: 29x23mm
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 3-axis gyroscope
- 3-axis magnetometer
- Atmospheric pressure and altitude
- Ambient temperature
- Microphone (basic)
- Ambient Light Proximity detector with distance evaluation
Processing and Storage
- STM32L476 (ARM Cortex-M4) ultra-low power micro-controller
with Floating Point Unit, DSP instructions and ART accelerator, up to 80MHz clock rate, 512KB program memory, only 100uA/Mhz in active mode, shut-down mode at 30nA.
- Dedicated 64Mbit Data Flash
with PC, Smartphones and tablets
- USB2.0 device (“full-speed” 12Mb/s)
- Pre-certified BlueTooth LE 4.1 (antenna included)
- 3.3V + GND + 9 configurable pins
as GPIO, Interruptions, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, Timer/PWM, Analog (ADC, DAC, OpAmp)
- From battery or USB cable,
- Fully integrated power management 500mA.h lithium-polymer rechargeable battery
- Automatic battery charging in presence of power on USB input
- Board: 41x34mm (1.6”x1.3”) – Battery: 36x34mm – Display 36x31mm – Total weight < 25g
- Overall dimensions depend on protective case design, circa 44x41x14mm (1.7”x1.6”x0.55”) in a stacked configuration
Option available: with/without OLED display
32-bit micro-controller programming made easy
…while also enabling experienced programmers to enjoy themselves
Open-source software package (‘C’) provided, for easy prototyping :
- Initialization code for immediate set-up of complete board Frees user from complex set-up of I/Os, interrupts, etc.
- Application Programming Interface for all on-board chips
- Middleware: USB device, FAT File System, Gfx Lib ported to LimiFrog, ready to use
- Utilities, example applications and demos
BlueTooth Smart/Low-Energy (BTLE) 4.x:
- Software stack pre-loaded in BTLE module ROM
- “Data Transfer” custom profile ready to use, download to LimiFrog by USB
STM32: Freely programmable
- Multiple development chains available — free or commercial (Example code based on gcc + makefile)
- Code download and debug via SWD interface (2 wires)
- USB download also possible (pre-programmed bootloader in STM32)
Without or with OS
- Provided software runs on ‘bare metal’ (no OS)
- For more advanced uses: various embedded OS / real-time kernels are available for the STM32
- Python for micro-controllers (www.micropython.org)
- Control from terminal on PC or load script over USB on Flash drive
3D-printable cases –
- 3D-printable models of simple ad-hoc protective cases are provided (STL files and Openscad sources)
- Print them yourself or get it done by your favorite 3D-printing shop. You can also improve upon them and share them !
- A “ready-made” case is included with LimiFrog model ‘The Full Monty’.
Contact: xavier [at] LimiFrog.io